Infrastructure & Mining
AU$70 - AU$75 per hour + Super + Camp + Meals
Completed maintenance & breakdowns on Sandvik development drills. Enjoy working in a experienced + close-knit UG maintenance team on a quality site.
- Join a highly regarded and successful mining principal in North QLD
- 8:6 - 7:7 roster with FIFO options from Brisbane and Townsville
- Impressive camp facilities with modern GYMs and regular social events
Join a reputable mid-tier mining principal in N.QLD with a global presence in underground mining. World class training and development will give you the step up in your career to really move you forward. Other business highlights include;-
- Join a business where you'll be valued and not feel like a number
- Work with a team that's values culture and invests in their environment
- Work with the latest of technology in the mining sector
- Long term permanent work with full job security
- Operations throughout Australia and overseas
Reporting into the shift supervisor on site, you'll enjoy working in a maintenance crew of 10 tradespeople. Being one of the 5 Diesel Fitters, you will be working largely underground and in the workshop on the surface. Duties will include;-
- Completing maintenance, servicing and repairs in the sites newly renovated workshop
- Undertaking underground breakdowns and repairs
- Fleet includes Sandvik long hole drills, trucks, boggers, charge up rigs as well as other ancillary machinery
- As a drill fitter you will predominantly work on DL421i solo drill rigs
Great opportunity to secure a role on an 8:6/ 7:7 roster (days and nights) from Brisbane or Townsville or alternately DIDO form Mount Isa or Cloncurry.
- Days - Tuesday morning flight to site, return home around 5pm on Tuesday (FIFO in company time)
- Nights - Tuesday evening start, fly home Tuesday morning (FIFO in your own time)
- Charter flight from Townsville to Cloncurry
- Commercial flight from Brisbane to Cloncurry
- Only a 40 minutes bus ride from the airport
Located in North QLD at a 30 minute bus ride form Cloncurry the site offers newly renovated sporting facilities, a wet mess as well and ensuited and air-conditioned rooms. It also offers;
- A walking trail from the camp to the mine site
- 4G Telstra coverage
- A pool, basketball court and tennis court
- Regular social events on site
This is a standout opportunity to further your skills and experience with an established and reputable principal miner in North QLD. Along with industry leading training and development opportunities you will enjoy;
- Attractive rates on offer - up to $75ph + super
- FIFO in company time on day shift (home by 5pm on day 8)
- Earn air miles if you are FIFO from Brisbane
- Permanent long-term role in N.QLD - full job security
- Work on a life with a 20+ year mine life
- Furthering your skills on a large well known UG mine in N.QLD
You will have come from a trade qualified background and have strong experience working on underground hard rock drills.
- Minimum of 1-3+ recent years working in UG hard rock mining
- Breakdowns and first response problem solving skills on drills (jumbo's or long holes)
- High attention to detail and a passion for delivering quality results
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team environment
- Excellent attitude towards work and safety
Apply now for more information or call Lorenzo Sandy - 0477455480 to discuss the role and request a detailed site pack on the project.
In the past 5 years we have been extremely humbled to have placed over 16,000 people into meaningful employment. This equates to 21 lives enhanced every day!
Lorenzo Sandy | email@example.com | 02 8116 2260
By submitting your CV you agree to have read: marble.com.au/privacy
To apply for the role click “APPLY”. Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.