Marble Group Pty Ltd (known as ‘Marble Group’ and referred to as “Marble”, “we”,
“us” and “our”) understands how important your privacy is and we make sure to commit in
ensuring that your privacy is respected and maintained at the strictest of standards at all times.
Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) and our existing obligation of confidentiality.
protection of your personal information inclusive of all information deemed confidential and
Marble affiliated document and information gathering activity.
disclosed by Marble Employees. It also provided information about your privacy rights and general
rights and obligations in regards to personal records kept on file.
By disclosing any personal information to Marble Group, you accept the following
policy, process and procedures.
What is your personal information?
Marble recognises any information that has a direct link to an individual or entity as personal information. It may range from sensitive information (i.e. medical history or conditions) to general information about an individual (e.g. name, address and phone number). Marble group also deems information and opinions provided by external sources on your work performance, work experience and qualifications as well as aptitude and psychometric testing results as personal information. This remains the case whether or not the information and opinion is true and whether it is recorded in material form or not.
Marble Group collects information and opinions on all individuals or entities that we deal with in a professional capacity, unless asked otherwise.
Personal Information we may collect includes:
- Contact Details
- Current Employment Details
- Previous Work History
- Salary Expectations
- Visa Status
- Date of Birth
- Medical Records
- Financial Details
- Reference Contact Details
- Referee Feedback
- Organisation details inclusive of internal structure and employment requirements
- Licences and Passport Details
- Referral Contact Details
Sensitive information in most cases can only be disclosed by your given consent. Marble Group
does not actively seek to collect sensitive information unless it is required strictly for relevant
business purpose. Information that is collected complies with the Australian Privacy Principals.
Sensitive Information that may be collected includes:
- Memberships of professional or trade associations or unions
- Memberships of a political association or religious beliefs, affiliations or philosophies.
- Political Opinions
- Health or Disabilities
- Future provisions of health services
- Criminal Record
- Racial or Ethnic Origins
Who will be collecting your personal and sensitive information?
All personal and sensitive information and opinions will be collected by Marble Group Pty Ltd for its own use and on behalf of companies affiliated with Marble who might require relevant information in regards to work placements.
How we collect personal and sensitive information?
Marble Group collects personal and sensitive information in multiple ways, including:
In most circumstances, personal and sensitive information will be collected directly from you through any form of correspondence with a staff member employed at Marble Group. This is may be in the form of:
- Registration Paperwork
- Face to Face Interviews
- Social Media (i.e LinkedIn and Facebook)
- Phone Conversations
- Online Application and Forms
- Applications and Enquires
- Any additional information you provides us with
Marble Group will also collect personal and sensitive information from external sources in relation to information and opinions for work placement. This includes:
- Personal and professional references about you
- Results of inquiries that we might conduct with your former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration bodies.
- Results of your work right status
- Results of medical or competency tests
- Any complaints received about you from employers or individuals in the workplace
- Performance feed back in candidate aftercare
- Any information on workplace accidents you are involved in
- We are notified of any insurance investigations, litigations, registrations or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved in
Website and Online activities associated with Marble Group
When visiting www.marble.com.au or any other online site affiliated with Marble Group I.E LikendIn, Facebook and Twitter, we record anonymous information that discloses:
- Date and Time of your visit
- IP/ Server Address
- URL Visited
- Information viewed and/ or downloaded
The information collected cannot be directly linked to an individual and is only used for the administrative and statistical purposes by Marble Group. Information gathered can only indicate how the website was used; it is solely used to improve our online services for better visitor experience. Marble ensure all visitors that no attempt is made to identify or contact online visitors to the website without their expressed consent.
Any information gathered about you online will not be disclosed unless we have your consent or are required to do so by the law.
What we use your personal and sensitive information for?
Personal and sensitive information gathered by Marble Group may be used in regards to:
- Suitable work placement
- Answering enquires create by you
- Performance Appraisals
- Informing you of suitable work opportunities and other services offered by Marble Group
- Management of possible insurance claims or complaints
- Provide you with industry specialised consulting and assessment services
- Employment related checks including reference checks, visa checks, medical checks, credit checks and psychometric testing
- Track usage of website to optimise visitor experience
- Updating the currency of Marble Groups database
- Ensuring we are fulfilling our compliance with federal and national laws (rules and regulations related to holding information.
Direct Marketing Campaigns
Marble Group may send direct marketing material that we may believe is of interest to you. This can be in the form an email or text.
You may choose to opt out of this service by contacting us directly (see contact details below).
Who do we disclose your personal and sensitive information to?
Personal and sensitive information collected by Marble Group may be disclosed to:
- Potential employers
- Our insures
- Workers compensation body
- Professional associations
- External training providers
- Persons with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information
- Service providers e.g. visa administrators, medical assessment centres, industry consultants, solicitors, data entry staff members.
PLEASE NOTE: We do not disclose your information to external agencies that aim to collect if for purposes other than Marbles business objectives.
In the case of you do not disclose your personal and sensitive information
Marble Group PTY LTD requests and appreciates full transparency from all that engage in our companies’ services. We understand and respect the need for information collected to remain strictly confidential unless we have your given consent to disclose information in regards to Marble Groups main business objectives. In an event that you chose not to disclose personal or sensitive information we may be limited in our scope to provide you with suitable employment opportunities and place you in a desires position.
Security of Information stored.
External visitors to our offices are not allowed access to the area where this information is stored
In regards to external sites where you can disclose personal information for Marble Group use and the internet, we cannot provide any assurances regarding the security of information transmitted online. Accordingly, any information transmitted to us online is done so at your own risk.
Access and changes to personal and sensitive information
In line with the Australian Privacy Principals, in particular APP12- Access and APP 13 – Correction, you are entitled to, at any time, request to know what personal and sensitive information Marble Group holds; that we change any part of this information, and/or; that it be removed from our systems, provided we do not require it held for legal reasons. This is in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act 1982.
How to Contact Us