up to $110k + super + vehicle allowance
Tendering, quantity take-offs & bill of quantities preparation | Career development fast tracked | Based centrally in Melbourne
- Projects valued up to $30m
- Based in Melbourne
- Career development fast tracked
An exciting opportunity exists for a well credentialed and career minded Civil Estimator looking for a long-term opportunity to join an exceptionally well-run regional company.
The contractor is a civil construction company delivering high-quality services throughout south-east Australia from north-east Victoria. From bulk earthworks to pipelines and solar farm civil works, they specialise in a wide range of civil construction and maintenance services. They were established approximately 20 years ago, and subcontract to a number of Tier 1 and 2 companies, whilst also acting as the principal contractor on projects up to $5m. They are currently in a period of growth and are looking to take that next step, hence the need for an estimator. Their annual revenue currently sits at $15m, and they're looking to increase that to $30m over the years ahead.
As a family orientated business, they're not only looking for a solid estimator, but a great person to join their budding culture.
Based in either their satellite office in Shepparton or head office in Cobram, and reporting directly to the Operations Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for;
- Identifying tender opportunities through various avenues (e.g. client websites, print media, Tenderlink, Tenders.gov.au, etc.)
- Downloading and review tender documents for completeness and to gain an understanding of project requirements (e.g. drawings, technical specification, BOQ and conditions of contract, etc.)
- Leading the tender process as the Submissions Coordinator
- Complete material take-offs from client issued drawings
- Develop subcontract work packages
- Developing and/ or reviewing adopted construction methodologies and construction programs
- Working cooperatively with operations staff on value engineering concepts
- Preparing the cost estimate and leading review
- Collating the response schedules and preparing for submission within required timeframes
- Supporting the company's senior management team as needed
The below are the pre-requisites to be considered for the opportunity;
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, construction management or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years' experience in the civil construction industry, ideally in pipelines, road works, land development, bulk earthworks, solar farms, concrete works, rail
- Proficient in MS Office software, particularly MS Excel and MS Project
- Proficient in Expert Estimation is highly desirable
The successful candidate will enjoy the following benefits:
- An opportunity to join a warm, welcoming and well credentialed team
- A company that walks the talk in terms of providing the balance between work and home life
- Remuneration designed to attract the industry's best up n coming Civil Estimator
My client is looking to interview and appoint ASAP, so make contact today for a highly confidential discussion or hit "apply for this job" and I will be in touch shortly thereafter.
In the past 4 years we have been extremely humbled to have placed 11,000 people into meaningful employment. This equates to 21 lives enhanced every day
Nick Wood | firstname.lastname@example.org | 03 8256 2200
By submitting your CV you agree to have read: marble.com.au/privacy
To apply for the role click “APPLY”. Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.