Infrastructure & Mining
Senior Geotechnical Engineer for an 8:6 roster FIFO. UG hardrock mining project in NSW. Accommodation provided. Apply now for more information.
- FIFO from Sydney - 8:6 roster
- Work for a reputable principle mining company
- Long term job security working on a mid sized expanding mine
A well respected principle mining company offering unparalleled opportunities for career progression and professional development within the underground hardrock mining industry. With a broad portfolio of assets throughout Australia they are a business that's positioned for growth and expansion.
The Mine Site
This underground hardrock mine runs on an 8:6 rosters and offers FIFO from Sydney. The site is located in Western NSW and is supported by subsidised company accommodation and transport.
Reporting to the Technical Services Manager your role as a Senior Geotechnical Engineer will include but not limited to; -
- Mentoring and leadership of a Geotechnical Engineer working within the Tech Services team
- Geotechnical assessments & monitoring including design instillation & analysis of data
- Performance & review of face mapping of rock slopes & cuts and stabilisation measures
- Underground data collection & stability investigations
- Management of geotechnical projects
- Technical report writing
Your Experience & Value
- Tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering/ Geotechnical/ Engineering Geology/ Civil. Post grad in Rockmechanics will be desirable
- 3+ years' experience working in UG hardrock mining - essential
- Proficient with UG mining software
- Excellent communication skills both written & verbal
- Work rights in Australia
What's on Offer
- Permanent role with a major mining company
- FIFO on an 8:6 roster (fly in on day 1 and out on day 8)
- Accommodation subsidies and transfers
- Career development & progressions on a challenging mine site
Applications are being reviewed and processed to interview. Apply now for more information
Like the sound of this but you don't have the right skill-set? Share it with your friends who do!
02 8116 2200
To apply for the role click “APPLY”. Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.